Re: [gundam] New Gundam Design Revealed!!!

-Z- (Z@gundam.com)
Tue, 09 Feb 1999 12:26:58 -0800

At 23:55 2/8/99 -0700, you wrote:
>> Since the images currently on display look like early production art
>> check the scribbly pencil lines on Yasuda's character illos - I'll hold
>
> But the mecha designs look _really_ finalized. I mean, they looked like
>rendered CGI models or something.

If my speculation proves true, then they _are_ CGI, but for a computer game
version of Turn A, not the anime.

If so, they'd be ultrasimplified, just as the CGI adapted _from_ anime are
streamlined and undetailed.

In any case, all you have to do is wait until the anime comes out and
Katoki and company start doing _their_ ultradetailed versions for the
magazines, books and MG models that'll inevitably follow....

-Z-