Re: [gundam] New Gundam Design Revealed!!!

Kota Fujimura (fujimura+@MAIL1.ANDREW.CMU.EDU)
Mon, 8 Feb 1999 17:59:22 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 8 Feb 1999 15:38:21 EST BlazeEagle@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 2/8/1999 1:23:47 AM Eastern Standard Time,
> nandy@U.Arizona.EDU writes:
>
> > t's frankly the ugliest modern robot design I've ever seen. I don't see
> > how Bandai thinks gundam has any chance in hell against shows like
> > "Gasaraki" with mecha designs this putrid!
>
> I'll have to focus on Garaski if they don't change the new Gundams design.

Boy, looks like I have to say this again...

Mecha isn't the central part of "Gasaraki" at all. If you focus on
mecha on that series, you'll be missing a big flow of the story.

Seriously, the story just jumped from near future to AD 700, and who
knows when it's going to take place next.(It's supposed to span
something like 3000 yrs.) The central part of the story is "Gasaraki",
the (fictional) legendary fiend.

They are coming out with new models(Shinden Armor), and this is a high
quality show which I highly recommend, but if you watch the show
thinking it is a mecha show, you'll be surprised (I know I was)

Kota Fujimura
fujimura+@cyrus.andrew.cmu.edu