Re: [gundam] New Gundam Design Revealed!!!

Mon, 8 Feb 1999 14:47:57 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 8, 2:36pm, Gundamboy@aol.com wasted bandwidth discussing:
> Subject: Re: [gundam] New Gundam Design Revealed!!!
> Just to add my lurking voice to this discussion:
>
> Ewww! Quick step on it! Kill it!
>
> Is it me or do Americans have a genetic defect when it comes to robot design?
> No offense to all of you aspiring mecha designers, but american robots always
> seem to lack that special something...

Genetic, no. Inexperience, yes. The Japanese seem to have developed an
overall "look" to mecha shows that is now sort of a standard. We certainly
are not used to the standard. Anything we'd attempt would look like a
rip-off of a real mecha show moreso than any kind of new approach. It
is the same with Hong Kong avenge the slain brother/sensei kung fu movies
or American special effects overdose/no plot summer action movies.

I, too, think that picture must (I hope) be a preliminary look. It seems
too simplistic, I mean the whole painting not just the design. I want
detail. Not necessarily a complete genetic descendant of F-91 or V or
Nu Gundam but I certainly want it to look like a well-designed mech, not
just a 5-minute rendering of a Gundam.

Alfred.

--
"Work isn't about fun, it's about work.  Remember, only quiters quit."

- Red, "That 70s Show"

Alfred Urrutia - Disney FA - 818.526.3338 - Alfred.Urrutia@disney.com -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-