Re: [gundam] Gundam '99 and knee-jerk responses.

Roger Harkavy (harkavyr@pandora.planet.net)
Mon, 8 Feb 1999 17:18:02 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 8 Feb 1999, -Z- wrote:
> You'll recall my recounting the Creator's Dilemma: if you create something
> radically new and different, the fan reject because it's "not X" but if you
> don't make it *seem* new, the reject it because it's "just X all over again!"

Yep, and this is what Tomino has always complained about. I don't blame
him.

> Heck, I actually like *ZZ* once you get to the 2nd season. "Silent Voice....!"

I'm with you. I seem to be one of those weirdos who likes it all the way
through. It provided well-needed comic relief after Zeta.

---
Roger Harkavy
harkavyr@planet.net
http://www.planet.net/pharkavyr/