Re: [gundam] New Gundam Design Revealed!!!

-Z- (Z@gundam.com)
Mon, 08 Feb 1999 12:33:53 -0800

At 14:36 2/8/99 -0500, you wrote:
>PS: Any of you old time MLers remember the Backlash of hate mail G Gundam had
>when it came out? Lets pray this is the same. I supported GG (one of three
>at the time) all the way, but even I'm not too sure about this one. But hey
>its Tomino... how bad could it be?

You'll also recall, then, that my objection to GG was not on the merits of
the show per se, but on the fact that they called it Gundam. I, too, think
GG was a good show. I just don't think it was a Gundam show.

What *is* it with Sunrise and Gundam anniversaries. GG came out on the
15th anniversary, now this on the 20th. "We've been around for 15/20
years, so to celebrate our longevity, we're going to dump all that. And
Now For Something Completely Different...."

Even the 10th anniversary show, Gundam 0080, represented a big departure:
all retconned MS, no Newtypes, no epic battle, UNT Spacy, etc. But they at
least kept to the One Year War and didn't violate the continuity *too* much
(a Gundam with a linear seat in 0079 is the biggest offender, I think)....

-Z-