Re: [gundam] New Gundam Design Revealed!!!

-Z- (Z@gundam.com)
Sun, 07 Feb 1999 22:46:27 -0800

At 18:24 2/7/99 -0800, you wrote:
> Now I need to figure out how to generate the Turn-A symbol in HTML. It
>appears to be part of the Japanese character set, but the only English
>font I have that includes it is Symbol, which I can't get to show up on a
>Web page for some reason. Guess I'll just have to make a GIF image...

Hmmm. The only thing that come to mind is the <FONT FACE> tag:

<FONT FACE = Symbol SIZE = 2>&xxxx;<FONT FACE = Verdana, Helvetica, Arial
SIZE = 2>-Gundam

where &xxxx; is the character code (decimal 34, hex 22) corresponding to
the turn-A symbol. In effect, you switch to the Symbol character set,
select the specific character from that set, then switch back to the
conventional character sets, allowing for the different operating systems.

-Z-