Re: [gundam] New Gundam Design Revealed!!!

Mark Simmons (scorpio@best.com)
Sun, 7 Feb 1999 18:24:55 -0800

Kota writes,

>Well, this is the day we were waiting for and afraid of. The design for
>"Turn-A Gundam" is finally revealed at Sunrise's site.

  Okay, Kota: Your rumors are now officially gold. :-)

>I don't know about the design of Sid Meade's Gundam. It may change after
>I see it on action, but I don't like it. It reminds me of Gorilla.

  Since the images currently on display look like early production art -
check the scribbly pencil lines on Yasuda's character illos - I'll hold
my judgement for now. But as for the Gundam, I'd have to say - in
contrast to the rest of the list - that the head is the _only_ thing I
like. You can actually get a better look at it in the link image on the
Big Bang page
<http://www.nifty.ne.jp/station/sunrise/bigbang/bigbang.htm>. The V-fins
originate from its cheeks and stick up on either side of the head,
forming - groan - the "turn-A" symbol itself.

  Now I need to figure out how to generate the Turn-A symbol in HTML. It
appears to be part of the Japanese character set, but the only English
font I have that includes it is Symbol, which I can't get to show up on a
Web page for some reason. Guess I'll just have to make a GIF image...

-- Mark