Re: [gundam] New Gundam Design Revealed!!!

BlazeEagle@aol.com
Sun, 7 Feb 1999 18:20:15 EST

In a message dated 2/7/1999 5:15:46 PM Eastern Standard Time,
reika@clear.net.nz writes:

> Although the picture is kinda small to make any good judgement of the MS,
> what it almost appears to look like is Tomino wants a Gundam look that goes
> back to basics, just as the Gunbuster went back to basics in robot design
> (I haven't heard many complains about that). The design is not frills and
> trim, and has an air of 70's-ish giant robot influence. I dare say it, the
> more I look at it, the more I like it. Good on whoever dsigned it (but I
> dont like the head much...)

But Gunbuster actually looks good! um, 70's robots had frills look at Mazinger
Z, Gundams are flashy, but more realistic looking then Mainger Z, Getter 1,
etc. This Gundam design is really basic, then. This new Gundam couldva been
more baisc comapred to Wing's Mecha for instance, but not Gorillaish like this
new design. This design should be furtristc looking compared to other Gundams,
more stremlined, but flashy, but not too flashy. This robots too back to
basics, too 70's ish. Come on this is 1999, not retro ville. But then again,
in a few years, we might be remembering how we hated that new Gundam from 1999
and laugh or more likely cry.

Aaron

Aaron