Re: [gundam] MG GM at the new HLJ

Prabal Nandy (nandy@U.Arizona.EDU)
Sat, 6 Feb 1999 23:15:09 -0700 (MST)

> I do like the weapons selection, which is quite typical for a GM. I was
> surprised by the two beam saber option for the backpack; what IS the
> reason that only one beam saber is on most GMs, anyways? Cost?
> Practicallity? Power availability? Making the Gundam look better?

  Pretty much all of the above... how often are you in a duel so long you
need the second saber?

  Hey, did anyone notice how much of the MG GM is inspired by the 8MST GM?
The backpack (with those little side-blocks) is IDENTICAL to the 8MST one,
and the skirt armors also look identical to the 8MST GM. Note the chest
vents and the new looking cockpit area are also very evocative of the 8MST
GM as well. A pity they couldn't have given it more modern looking feet.
Interesting setup for the bazooka, that's a really wierd mount!

  Oh, as for the whole GM ECAP controversy... it looks like the new MG GM
has a beam spray gun with a retoconned ECAP! (Note the little 'magazine'
thing on the gun!)

                                                                -Probe