Re: Rank & File (Was: [gundam] More help for the contest)

Paul Lampshire (gbc76@dial.pipex.com)
Fri, 5 Feb 1999 15:25:38 -0000

>Maybe they go by the degree of education? High School grads and under
>start at
>the basic enlisted ranks and have to work their way up. Recruits with 2
>or more
>years of college or a technical school would start as sergeants. College
>grads
>would automatically start out as commisioned officers.

I don't know. I can't claim to be an expert. The most military thing about
me is my athlete's foot [to borrow a quote from Mash [IIRC]] and I don't
have it, so...

I always figured that you either started at the bottom, or you started as a
commisioned officer, and that was it.

Course, I could be wrong. Most of the stuff I've read [Microprose manuals,
mainly, for things like Tank Platoon and Gunship...]

Now there's a thought. Some branches might require a higher starting rank.
Is that right?

--
God's in His heaven, all's right with the world.