Re: [gundam] Freud in Gundam!

Prabal Nandy (nandy@U.Arizona.EDU)
Fri, 5 Feb 1999 13:07:39 -0700 (MST)

> Phallic symbols in Gundam? Nah... No way!
> -The Zeta has an interestingly-shaped waist armor. Not to mention the
> extendo-beam-rifle!

  Don't forget the ReGZ, the worst offender...
  Not only does it have a very suggestively designed codpiece, but
apparently the beam saber is hidden under there as well! I guess it really
is happy to see you!

> but springs straight up for action! And look at the appearance of the
> mega beam cannon's discharge...

  Forget that! Have you noticed that just about every Jion design has a
big vernier thruster right in the middle of its codpiece armor? Not to
mention the Serpent, Leo, Vayeate and the Tallgeese from GW, a feature
that made my friend Jody crack up to no end!
  Oh yeah, and the Vigna Zirah has not one, but TWO nested codpiece
armors! Talk about overkill!
  Oh, and me mustn't forget the New Zeal, with its two wimply little
thruster legs straddling that massive... er... fuel tank...
  And of course, the whole situation really went crazy with Wing Gundam,
what with the Epyon and the new Deathscythe Custom (Who's codpiece is
jointed! Just in case you couldn't tell...) And there's the Creepy Griepe,
with its giant "Fin" between the legs. And there are tons and tons of more
examples! If nothing else, all those custom fan Gundam designs keep
increasing the size and masses of those... central skirt armor pieces to
ridiculous proportions!

                                                                -Probe