Re: [gundam] SYREEN/NEUE ZIEL?

Prabal Nandy (nandy@U.Arizona.EDU)
Fri, 5 Feb 1999 09:26:52 -0700 (MST)

> My personal opinion concerning this discusion is that they are nice
> designs but I think they were created using as basis the Japanese designs
> as Nue-ziel (I think that is very obvious).
> > OK, Marc Vezina, designer of the Syreen, just posted a comment on
> > the SM bulletin board stating he came up with the Syreen design a
> > YEAR before 0083 came out, in a math class, to be exact.

  It's actually kind of obvious once you look at it that the design is
more inspired by the Alpha Azrael than the NZ. In particular, look at the
folding arms and shoulder-armors! Marc just wanted a 'Zakish' small-fry
bad-guy robot, so he reduced the number of AA 'Fuel Pylons' to one large
one, and gave it a more realistic engine on the rear of it, and fuel tanks
(more inspired by the 0080 Dom and other models). The similarity to the NZ
comes more from the fact that the NZ somewhat resembles the AA in some
respects.
  The _real_ NZ homage/conversion in JC is the Dragonstriker, which is a
really really neat design!

                                                                -Probe