Re: [gundam] F91

-Z- (Z@gundam.com)
Thu, 04 Feb 1999 16:17:57 -0800

At 20:56 2/3/99 -0800, you wrote:

>Just saw F91, and it is a bit of a mess. Instead of making a movie,
>I do see enough story there to go for aleast a 26 episodes show.
>Since the show is so abridged, the only thing I get to admire about
>it is the very good mecha and character design.

F91 was originally intended as a full-length Gundam series, which have to
date always been aimed at the 52-episode mark, although all have fallen
short. The F91 movie could thus be considered a compilation of the first
few episodes. As it says in the closing frames: "THIS IS ONLY THE BEGINNING!"

>Oh, what happened to Cosmic Babylon in V Gundam? Or for that matter,
>what happened in Crossbone Gundam?

<SPOILER SPACE>
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
</SPOILER SPACE>

In UC 0125, Vera Ronah became ruler of Cosmo Babylonia and renounced
Meitzer Ronah’s Nobility Principle, which held that those of superior
breeding and ability should rule humanity. A civil war ensued.

In UC 0128, the flagship of the Ronah family’s Buffo Konzern disappeared on
its maiden voyage. Vera Ronah and her friends were aboard. In their
absence, Cosmo Babylonia collapsed due to civil war.

In UC 0133, Vera Ronah and her crew reappeared to wage a secret war against
the self-proclaimed Jupiter Empire, which staged a full-scale invasion of
the Earth that is the subject of the six-volume Crossbone Gundam manga series.

In the Best Of All Possible Worlds, Gundam F91 and Crossbone Gundam
would've been a 52-episode anime series that ran from April 1991 to March
1992, setting the stage for V Gundam the next year. Instead, we got a
two-hour movie F91 and the Gundam 0083 OAV series in the same timeframe....

-Z-