RE: [gundam] <SPOILERS> V Gundam Synopsis

Edmund Chiu (edf91@worldnet.att.net)
Wed, 3 Feb 1999 21:16:42 -0800

-----Original Message-----
差出人 : Mark Simmons <scorpio@best.com>
宛先 : gundam@aeug.org <gundam@aeug.org>
CC : gundam@aeug.org <gundam@aeug.org>
日時 : Wednesday, February 03, 1999 3:30 PM
件名 : Re: [gundam] <SPOILERS> V Gundam Synopsis

> Hm. I think this might be something to cover in the accompanying
>character profile - his emerging newtype powers, growing up on top of a
>bank of MS combat simulators, et cetera. :-)

    Just want to make sure...

>>2) How about a little more about the Shrike Team - they are great at
space,
>>but don't really have a lot of skills, since they cannot seems to avoid
>>blowing up MS on earth while Usso have no trouble of doing so.
>
> I hadn't really made that connection - I just figured they weren't trying
>as hard to spare enemy pilots' lives...

    They were - I think they got the reputation as sloppy, since with these
reactors blowing up, it could be bad for both side - you never know what the
explosion can do. Beside, they were really amazed by the pilot's ability
(they never saw Usso yet) to avoid hitting the reactor...

> Then again, he does seem to get over it pretty quickly. I'll see if it
>works to mention this someplace in the synopsis...

    He did uses 2 to 3 episodes to completely get over his inability to
pilot in space, so I thought it deserve some words...

> Yes, but I'd already catalogued every other time Shakti changes hands,
>and it does start to get a bit ridiculous when she's captured and rescued
>again every paragraph. I figured I'd gloss over that one since it doesn't
>affect the plot. For that matter, I was thinking of cutting the bit where
>Usso has the option of taking Shakti out of Amelia but decides to leave her
>behind, especially since they _do_ rescue her a few sentences later. :-)

    I know talking about each change is nuts, but since you're already
talking about almost every change, so why not include the last one...

> On the other hand, they do make great impromptu nukes; you see this used
>a couple of times in F91, and it's done all the time in V Gundam. These
>super-compact reactors make much better bombs than the wimpy One Year War
>versions!

    I think that's what give the Shrike Team their reputation - pretty good
pilots, but sloppy...

Edmund Chiu
edf91@worldnet.att.net

My favorite Gundam of all times: