Re: [gundam] <SPOILERS> V Gundam Synopsis

-Z- (Z@gundam.com)
Wed, 03 Feb 1999 17:01:12 -0800

At 01:28 2/3/99 -0800, you wrote:
>Marbet Fingerhut. Becoming entangled in the battle, Usso helps the
>injured Marbet escape and captures one of the Yellowjacket mobile suits,
>booting enemy ace Chronocle Asher into the lake.

Regarding the Romanization, is there a reason for using "Marbet" and
"Chronocle" instead of the more comparable "Marvette" and "Chronicle"?

>Arti Gibraltar

Do you know the derivation or meaning or "Arti"? I've heard everything
from "Alti" (meaning "High" as in ALTItude) to "RT" or even "LT" (as "Alex"
was to "RX") with various wild guesses as to what that abbreviation might
mean....

>As the League Militaire and Federation forces fight their way through the
>Zanscare fleets that guard Angel Halo, the fortress is activated and
>begins its descent towards Earth. Queen Maria, desperate to avert the
>coming catastrophe, has herself "kidnapped" by co-conspirator Tashiro
>Vargo. But when she uses her powers to call on Usso for help, Tashiro
>flies into a rage, slays the uncooperative queen, and is himself
>vaporized by the grief-stricken hero. Angel Halo enters Earth's
>atmosphere, and the League Militaire, Earth Federation, and Zanscare

There seems to be a sentence or two missing here.

Otherwise, the usual fine job. I'll have to print this out and review my
tapes now....

-Z-