[gundam] Out of print models?

Tue, 2 Feb 1999 23:27:09 -0500 (EST)

Hi, I have a question about the bussiness practice of Bandai:

Do these old model kits go "out of print"? It seems that after all these
years, the old low quality (and very economical) 1/144 model line (c)
1979/80 is still available. And many of the newer lines (e.g. Hygog (c)
1989, Macross Queadluun Rau (c) 1992) are also available after some years.
OTOH some other models seem to have disappeared (I have been looking for
1/144 Macross Tactical Pod Glaug for a while now, but that's not my point)
Actually I had a chance to mail order 1 a few months ago, but I hesitated
and I have been kicking myself since.

I want to buy many models (haven't even start collecting any MGs yet,
guess I will start with Super Gundam) but no way I can buy everything I
want now (even if I mortgage my PC :) Can we predict if the existing
models will still be kicking around in 1-10 years?

CHIN, Chien Ting
... o O *
Man is a bubble