Re: [gundam] Nu Gundam 1/100

Chris Beilby (cbeilby@earthlink.net)
Mon, 01 Feb 1999 21:56:23 -0800

Rcm45@aol.com wrote:

> << Sorry about that last post, I didn't read the title. ^_^;
>
> Anyhoo, the saber is a one-piece deal. Model tip: I paint my opaque beam
> sabers silver, then coat it with transparent red. A nice effect is you
> have the right red!
>
> Mark-II >>
> Ok thanks for the tip. I will have to try that. Yeah I had always heard good
> things about it (except for the FF balance issue) and have ,dare I say it,
> lusted after this kit for sometime but money flow was on the non-existant
> scale so now I have some $ and it will of course be spend feeding my habits
> and addictions. Any news on the Hygog? I like the MS but is the plamodel
> pretty good or is the Zugock(SP?) better?

Well, I have two Hygogs that I am in the process of building. Now, I know that
Probe and several others will disagree with me, but it's a very nice model. The
arms are well articulated, and the model is very well molded. the colors are
accurate to the Anime, but I'm going to paint mine a little bit duller, so that I
can take realistic looking Photos of it. The biggest problem I see with it is
that the joints in the chain-arms are plastic on plastic, and will eventually
wear out. Of course, I might just take a pin vice and run a slim wire up through
them...