Re: [gundam] Rumorama (was re: 0083, GUNDAM, new series)

Roger Harkavy (harkavyr@pandora.planet.net)
Mon, 1 Feb 1999 15:18:09 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 1 Feb 1999, A Long Time Ago, In A Galaxy, Far, Far Away.... wrote:
> Then I guess we are left with it being the worst case of storytelling
> ever made.

Oh, come on, you must not have seen Mannequin II, then.

Seriously, though. I can't say that I love Gundam 0083 too much compared
to the other UC titles, or that I'm happy with the way it fits
thematically with them, but I wouldn't call it a case of the worst
storytelling ever made. I always felt that even if the number of episodes
was increased mid-series, it didn't show in the story.

Who's complaining about what here? The fact that Nina doesn't let the
whole world know about her connection with Gato from episode 1? They were
laying the groundwork for the Nina/Gato relationship from episode 6 when
Kou kicks Layzner's ass on the moon.

---
Roger Harkavy
harkavyr@planet.net