[gundam] [Preview] MG GM, separated at birth?

Y. Choe (choey@usa.net)
Mon, 1 Feb 1999 11:43:06 -0800

Separated at birth from MG Gundam? One must ask that question when
confronted with the official pictures that Bandai released for MG GM, slated
for release sometime this month (if not already released...)

First views shows that the GM is entirely a variation on the Master Grade
Gundam, or at least for waist up. The arm, torso, and backpack assembly
will no doubt resemble the first Master Grade ever engineered by Bandai,
albeit few improvements thrown in to quiet the heretics like myself... As
for the legs and the skirt armor, only few pieces seem to be modified, most
notably, the GM's smooth legs (sounds silly, no?) and the aforementioned
skirt armor. Bazooka clip is provided, but it goes on the backpack, and not
on its hind... Missing is the corefighter, but we get a nice engine block
(aka M-generator, aka makeshift nuke in OYW days) to play with...

Overall, I expect this to be nothing more than a rehash of the original MG
Gundam... So why didn't bandai release this kit eons ago, and is a Perfect
Grade GM shy from its release? And what about GMII? It's only a few
stylistc variation from the original GM...

Y. Choe choey@usa.net
Once I met a man who had... well, it's not
that important. Trust me, it really isn't.