Re: [gundam] Re: Kou Uraki - the most ineffectual Gundam pilot ever ?

Prabal Nandy (nandy@U.Arizona.EDU)
Mon, 1 Feb 1999 10:25:31 -0700 (MST)

> Allegedly the Gerbera Tetra was an unfinished Gundam prototype [That for
> some reason had a wholebuncha Zak type parts added to it to complete it...]

  Though, after just building the kit (finally!) Yesterday (In my custom
Ivory color scheme!) I can say that there's really nothing about it that
looks anything like a Gundam OR a Zaku except for the Gundam-style feet.

  Seriously, Anaheiem must have resculpted every single piece of the GT to
make it look like this, so it's a bit at odds with the idea of them simply
're-armoring' the GT-4 to look more Zionic. There are certain things like
the placement of the calf-thrusters, the shoulder thrusters, the rear
thrusters, the crotch thruster that are _integral_ to the design and which
are explicitly Jionic in nature that can't have been simply grafted-on to
a Gundam!
  This suggests to me that it _must_ have been a Jion-styled design from
the beginning.

                                                                -Probe