Re: [gundam] Re: Kou Uraki - the most ineffectual Gundam pilot ever ?

Kota Fujimura (fujimura@andrew.cmu.edu)
Mon, 1 Feb 1999 00:09:33 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 31 Jan 1999, Chris Beilby wrote:

> The original target of the colony drop in Stardust was Jabauro. The Solar System
> II wasn't fired at full power, and only pushed it off course.

I could be wrong, because it's been a while since last time I watched
0083, but I could sworn Gato specifically said to Nina that Jaburo is NOT
the target...

Besides, I'm pretty sure the purpose of the Solar System wasn't to hit it
hard enough to change the course. It was to burn the Delaz fleet and the
dropping colony. I really don't think you can actually "move" things with
Solar System anyway. Unlike beam weapons or projectile, which is actually
hitting something, rays of lights in focus doesn't have any momentum or
anything...

But I'm sure there are people more qualified to comment on this stuff on
this ML than me, since I'm nowhere near Physics guru.

Kota