Re: [gundam] Re: Kou Uraki - the most ineffectual Gundam pilot ever ?

Lim Jyue (lim_jyue@pacific.net.sg)
Mon, 01 Feb 1999 11:21:47 +0800

At 21:32 1/31/99 -0500, you wrote:
>On Mon, 1 Feb 1999, Lim Jyue wrote:
>> BTW, what exactly is the objective of Operation Stardust? IIRC, Gato
>> got onboard the colony at the orders of Delaz and altered the course of the
>> colony to deliberately miss Jaburo, so what's the point? Seems like Stardust
>> was a suicide pact on Delaz's Fleet in order to help Axis get recognition..
>The objective of Operation Stardust was to hit the grain-producing region
>of North America and knock out a good portion of Earth's food supply, and
>it succeeded. After something like this, Earth would probably have to rely
>on outside sources (colonies, anyone?) to make up for the shortage.

        This makes a lot more sense than the rubbish that I've been getting
from some people. (Eg. Gato has a sudden conscience attack, Gato decided not
to do it, Uraki initiated the course change, yadda. =) Thanks!

        I remember that earlier posts was talking about the effect of the
colony crash on post 0083 Earth, could this be one reason why the Feds are
less effective after 0083? (Zeta, Double Zeta, etc.)

Lim Jyue
ICQ: 24737555