[gundam] Re: Kou Uraki - the most ineffectual Gundam pilot ever ?

-Z- (Z@gundam.com)
Sun, 31 Jan 1999 14:49:25 -0800

At 01:22 1/31/99 -0500, you wrote:
>On Sun, 31 Jan 1999 MS06ZAK@aol.com wrote:
>> But did Gato really change anything?? if anything he sealed Zeon's doom and
>> solidified the Titans. And I'll say it again, it's nice to have a human
>> rather then always the newtype of the month.
>
>Whether it was for good for the leftover Jions or not, Gato set in motion
>events that changed UC history for the next decade. The colony drop
>spurred on the creation of the Titans, which in turn created conditions
>that created the AEUG, got the Axis/Neo-Jion forces involved more
>predominantly... the chain keeps going until the end of the "main" UC
>storyline in Char's Counterattack. That's the way I see it. Your mileage
>may vary.

No, it was Aiguille Delaz who set in motion events that changed UC history.
 Gato was merely Delaz's agent and there must've been other Zeon aces on
whom he could call to implement his scheme. Shin Matsunaga, maybe. Gato
or no Gato, Gundam GP02 or no GP02, Operation Stardust would've been
executed on schedule.

Jamitov was counting on it....

-Z-