[gundam] Re: Kou Uraki - the most ineffectual Gundam pilot ever ?

-Z- (Z@gundam.com)
Sun, 31 Jan 1999 14:42:44 -0800

At 00:41 1/31/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Anyone agree with me that at the end of 0083, Kou is the loser and Gato is
>the champion?

At the end of 0083, Kou gets the girl (whom he desires, even if you don't)
and a miraculous make-it-didn't-happen that effectively buries *ALL* of his
mistakes, while Gato becomes one of those freeze-dried Zeon corpses we see
orbiting space in the Z Gundam opening sequences.

Kou gets a chance to make a life for himself, Gato gets a memorial in Axis
full of the same self-righteous pronouncements he spouted in life.

I'd say that makes Kou "The Winner" (vocals by Miki Matsubara)....

-Z-