[gundam] Flight Data Disks

Rodrick Su (rsu@tigana.com)
Sun, 31 Jan 1999 11:31:07 -0800

It was stated throughout Gundam that Gundam features a learning
computer which learn as Amuro gains experience. During the
infrequent resupply of White Base, these data disks were sent back to
Jaburo to be incorporate into the GM's computer, thus gives the
inexperienced GM pilots a leg up on their competition despite their
total lack of experience.

So, is there evidence that all subsequential MS utilized this
learning program, which can cut short the break-in period of a
experienced MS pilot when they gets a new MS? I know that Zeon
certainly didn't have this technology, and Mark Simmons points out
that might attribute Char's apparent degrading piloting skills.

This sorts of points back to something I mention before. If the
pilot flight data disk contains the pilot profiles, which the pilots
can take to which ever MS they happened to be flying, it might
eliminate most of the micro-adjustment required.

[ Rodrick Su [ ]