Re: Kou Uraki - the most ineffectual Gundam pilot ever ?

Mark Nguyen (mnguyen@hotmail.com)
Sat, 30 Jan 1999 18:04:50 PST

>What DID Uraki ever actually achieve ? Let's see....
>
>1) He didn't stop Gato from stealing the GP02.

Several times, no less. Three times in the first two episodes, and then
in episode 4 (with the rest of the Albion forces backing him up too!).

>4) He wrote off several million dollars (?) of Fed development by
getting the
>GP01 shot to pieces.

TWICE. And then the GP03 later on. And it's most likely BILLIONS of
dollars, although we don't really know what your run of the mill
prototype Gundam costs these days...

>5) Oh yeah...he blew up the Wal Walo...and managed to kill the guy who
got him
>back into the cockpit...

And suffered no real angst about it! Anyone else notice that this guy
who had such a profound effect on Uraki would be so quickly forgotten?
Gato hardly shed a tear, either.

>6) Then again, he *did* get the girl in the end.

Personally, I wouldn't really want to be stuck with Nina, considering
her propable psychological state after what she went through..!

Mark-II