Re: [OT] Japanese Language Software

A Long Time Ago, In A Galaxy, Far, Far Away.... (devillin@juno.com)
Sat, 30 Jan 1999 13:24:03 -0500

>Alright, I've decided that I'm sick of reading jibberish on Japanese web

>pages! In the last couple years I've gotten around to being able to read

>katakana and hiragana, and it's time to read them on web pages too.
>Does anyone know where to get some software to translate this stuff? or
>setting on MIE? I've got the computer know-how of a root vegetable, so I

>need help... ^^'

Well, supposedly you can go into the language settings in IE and just set
the
active languages for Japanese, Chinese, and Korean. The same holds true
for
Netscape. Unfortunately, that doesn't work so well.
There are some external programs you can use that will change those
characters
over to Kanji and other characters. Two that I find useful are NJWin and
LanExpert.
LanExpert works fine, but it it jumps on and off at will. NJWin works
great, but
the only drawback is that it disables the scrollpoint in my Scrollpoint
mouse. It
might do the same if you have one of those third button specialty mice.
If you get NJWin, you can register it for more than 30 days by typing R
in
registration screen and:
User: Lin
Reg#:402527382738

If any of you have the serial for LanExpert, could you pass it on?

Linwood
or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]