Re: Gundam fans read SF

Thu, 28 Jan 1999 20:37:07 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 27 Jan 1999, Richie Ramos wrote:
> I dunno, it was the impression I got...I could accept that Hari Seldon's
> future came from a time derived fromthe Cave of Steel idea, but to have the
> sudden insertion of R. Daneel Olivaw into it was a bit too much. I would

Argh! It's just like force-welding Macross, Mospeada etc into one long
meandering series.

In my very personal opinion, Asimov had two great contributions: the early
robot concept stories, and the concept of psychohistory (Foundation
Trilogy), all his other works are pretty forgettable. Having said that
(and reducing his life into merely two ideas), I also have to say that's
is two more than I will ever produce in my lifetime. So let me register
my admiration and appreciation also. Rest in peace, Issac!

CHIN, Chien Ting
... o O *
Man is a bubble