Re: AV.com Original Compilation Movies?

Mark Simmons (scorpio@best.com)
Thu, 28 Jan 1999 15:03:07 -0800

Probe writes,

> I think the original Gundam MSG movies are pretty much a good-enough
>rendition of the original story (as far as I understand it). I've been
>under the impression that the original series had alot of 'filler'
>episodes.

  Yeah, but there's so much more of it! :-)

> I was undre the impression that this latest outing by Tomino as part of
>the BB project is to do just that, retell and update the MSG story for a
>mdern audience.

  That was just my idle speculation. So far, the only thing known about the
new series is that it will be in the UC continuity; if Kota's scoop is
correct, we can also assume a Gundam mobile suit appears in it. All else is
less than hearsay.

Personally, I don't relish the idea of AV condensing the full-length
series; quite frankly, I don't trust them to do it. If they're not willing
to release the entire series, maybe they should relinquish the license to
someone who is...

-- Mark

Mark Simmons <mailto:scorpio@best.com>