Re: AV.com Original Compilation Movies?

Prabal Nandy (nandy@U.Arizona.EDU)
Thu, 28 Jan 1999 15:02:57 -0700 (MST)

> > What think ye? Would you prefer to go for re-editted "movies" of a
> > series, instead of 12-14 tapes? Especially if it means that the series

  I'd enjoy that.
  I think the original Gundam MSG movies are pretty much a good-enough
rendition of the original story (as far as I understand it). I've been
under the impression that the original series had alot of 'filler'
episodes.

> three series. If they were to re-edit the story to make it shorter I
> think it would benefit from new animation. Then they could tighten up
> any longer sections of the TV series and also put more detail into the
> designs to synch up with later animation. I'm one of those people that

  I was undre the impression that this latest outing by Tomino as part of
the BB project is to do just that, retell and update the MSG story for a
mdern audience. Paradoxically though, he claims that it will be a
dissappointment to mecha fans!

> prefers the animation in 0080 and 08th MS Team (backgrounds, character
> design, all of it) so I'd love to see the TV series done that way.

  I think we all would!

> Maybe 60 minutes each chapter of the OVA? That way they'd get even more

  I think that would be nice, maybe another 10 or so part OAV like 8MST or
0083?

                                                                -Probe