Re: One Year War vintage weapon comments: Close Quarter Weapon

Prabal Nandy (nandy@U.Arizona.EDU)
Thu, 28 Jan 1999 10:17:17 -0700 (MST)

On Thu, 28 Jan 1999, Rodrick Su wrote:

> >all.. you'd almost be better off simply punching holes in the ship.
> > Instead, I think the purpose of the HH was to cut tether cables,
> >colony-scale guy-wires and other space-equipment... just like how the
> Yeah, but I doubt that MS of that vintage is actually equipped with
> armored knockle to punch holes. Better use a tool that you can
> dispose of easily than trying to ruin a intergral part of your MS.

  That's of course true, though I wonder if simply carrying a big blunt
club might be more useful against a cap-ship than a short heat-hawk like
what the original Zaks carried. Of course, the HH is much lighter and more
portable! It may have been intended for chopping up the bridge (!) of
disabled ships without harming the rest of the vessel, for capture!
  Oh, and don't forget Garma (?) or Giren Zabi's ornate
double-spike-shouldered Zaku that had spiked knuckles!

> > Most? ALL of Jion armor! A matter of fact, is there ANYTHING that a
> >beam saber can't cut?
> Another beam saber? Though I do noticed that not all beam saber are

  I meant in terms of _armors_.
  Beam Sabers can be obviously blocked by other beam sabers, I-Fields,
Beam-Shields, and other exotic things like that!

> probably cut thru more stuff, but can it collapse another beam saber's
> Minovsky shell, thus making the other weapon useless?

  It's been known to happen!
  The question is, is a MS with its beam-saber 'cut' honor-bound to commit
seppuku? GRIN.

\~~~~~\__ ~~\___/~~ __/~~~~~/ /probe@sunset.bph.jhu.edu\ Lord of the Flies
  ~<==\__\_<O\:/O>_/__/==>~ /www.dragonfire.net/~jhfong\ 1st MPC Division
     <_/ //=\ ^ /=\\ \_> \nandy@opt-sci.arizona.edu / Colony World Myops