Re: <SPOILER> Girens Ambition FMV clips

Mark Simmons (scorpio@best.com)
Wed, 27 Jan 1999 16:55:25 -0800

Michael Ip writes,

>yeah, I've used that one too, you can extract the sound, but it is in a
>separate stream to the video.

  The problem both Eddie and I have had is that we have a sound track, but
it's just hissing static. Go figure.

>Any reason you chose the acpk2avi?

  The first utility I tried was cutting off the clips halfway through. This
could have been a Virtual PC glitch, but at any rate, when I blew up the
video clips it was very obvious that acpk2avi's rendition was _way_
smoother - everything was nicely anti-aliased, not jaggy and pixelated.

>Do any of you think the disc is worth the purchase just for the FMV clips?

  For the clips alone, no. But the supplemental disc apparently lets you
view the clips without needing the game itself; it also includes storyboard
sketches and a glossary, and the only thing you need the game disc for are
the prefab saved game scenarios. That's only Y2800, if you're ever able to
get hold of it - a much more tempting offer.

-- Mark

Mark Simmons <mailto:scorpio@best.com>