Re: Gundam fans read SF

-Z- (Z@gundam.com)
Tue, 26 Jan 1999 19:55:33 -0800

At 21:06 1/26/99 -0500, you wrote:
>On Tue, 26 Jan 1999, Chien Ting Chin wrote:
>> Very interesting to hear you guys talk SF. I kind of get a sense that
>> Gundam fans read a certain kind of SF, I can't quite put my finger on what
>> it is (near-future Solar System adventure with an emphasis on technical
>> bent?).

Well, I for one tend to discuss SF that is relevant to the topic, namely
Gundam, but that doesn't mean that it's the only SF that I read.

When I was younger, I read anything and everything I could find. These
days, I haven't the time to be omnivorous and concentrate on authors and
subjects of interest. If I were to recommend SF, it would be anything by
any of the following authors:

Poul Anderson
Isaac Asimov
John Barnes
David Brin
Lois McMaster Bujold
Grant Callin
Rick Cook
Gordon R. Dickson
Michael Flynn
Alan Dean Foster
Randall Garrett
Robert A. Heinlein
Janet Kagan
Elizabeth Moon
Linda Nagata
Larry Niven
David R. Palmer
Mack Reynolds
James H. Schmitz
Melissa Scott
Charles Sheffield
Dana Stabenow
Allen Steele
S.M. Stirling
Kathy Tyers
Vernor Vinge
Walter Jon Williams
Sarah Zettel

If I had to limit it to one author, it would be James H. Schmitz.

-Z-