Re: Gundam fans read SF

Roger Harkavy (harkavyr@pandora.planet.net)
Tue, 26 Jan 1999 21:06:42 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 26 Jan 1999, Chien Ting Chin wrote:
> Very interesting to hear you guys talk SF. I kind of get a sense that
> Gundam fans read a certain kind of SF, I can't quite put my finger on what
> it is (near-future Solar System adventure with an emphasis on technical
> bent?). But it's interesting to note that no one mentions about of my
> favorites:

Two of yours (Herbert and Dick) are among my faves, along with Heinlein,
Haldeman, and Niven.

A lot is made about Starship Troopers' influence on Gundam, but every time
I've read about the Belt Wars in Niven's Known Space series, I've thought
about the various wars of succession that Gundam chroniccles.

---
Roger Harkavy
harkavyr@planet.net
http://www.planet.net/pharkavyr/