Re: Back to the list, and a question...

Roger Harkavy (harkavyr@pandora.planet.net)
Tue, 26 Jan 1999 15:03:54 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 26 Jan 1999, Mark Simmons wrote:
> Okawara did the roughs, but the final line art was "cleaned up" by Kazumi
> Fujita.

Ah, so he designed the Mark 2 and the original RX-78? It turns out that
most of my all-time mecha faves (Scopedog, Zaku, original Godphoenix) are
Okawara's handiwork! The only exception is Izubuchi's original Dunbine.

I know that in the V-Gundam Newtype 100% editions that the mecha designers
are credited in the back with the black and white sketches, is it the same
in the Z-Gundam Newtype books?

> Oh, and welcome back!

Thanks! Blame it on the toys (again). I just was lucky enough to score one
of those obnoxious Academy 1/60 Gundam Mark 2 bootlegs, and I'm salivating
for the new chogokin-style Zaku toys...

Did Crank! #2 ever happen?

---
Roger Harkavy