Re: Camera and the Mohawk (Was: SOC RX-78 Gundam Pics)

Prabal Nandy (nandy@U.Arizona.EDU)
Tue, 26 Jan 1999 07:46:27 -0700 (MST)

> >anything they wanted! So why sign away the right to do _anything_? What's
> >Jion gonna do about it once Fed troops occupy their Side and have their
> Sure, but the banning of Minovski particle scattering may well be a
> _Federation_ wish list item. Makes it easier to keep tabs on everyone,

  Oooh!
  I hadn't thought of _that_. But I guess it kinda makes sense
historically! After all, it was the Jions and their Zakus who first spread
around the M-Particles low and thick and proceeded to vape the Fed's
vaunted Saberfishes and Salmis!

> >utterly defeated, the Antarctic treaty is just an empty piece of paper.
> And by the way, the Gundam 0083 The Movies film comic claims that the
> GP02A was developed _in response_ to Killings' attempt to nuke Side 6 in

  Heeeey! I LIKE that! It actually makes alot of sense chronologically!
The GP-02A is now a one-mecha "Last-Response" mecha designed to give the
Feds a little extra edge against any enemy that might try and cripple them
with a blitzkrieg NBC offensive.
  Though, as you might remember from Dr. Strangelove, a deterrence weapon
doesn't do anything for anyone if you keep it secret!

> Gundam 0080. Apparently this demonstrated to the Federation that, under
> the right circumstances, an unscrupulous or desperate foe might break the
> treaty anyway - so you may as well be ready for that eventuality!

  Yeah, I like this explanation alot! Not only does it fit into the
retoconned time-line, but it makes sense too!

                                                                -Probe