Re: Cockpit vision was (Re: [OT] Re: Syd Mead and "The Phantom Menace")

Operator7G - Michael Ip (reika@clear.net.nz)
Tue, 26 Jan 1999 15:58:33 +1300

At 21:13 1999.01.25 EST, Blaze Eagle wrote:
>In a message dated 1/25/1999 7:36:13 PM Eastern Standard Time,
>reika@clear.net.nz writes:
>
>> If you're wondering how Corvettes fit into this, well the Corvette 99 has a
>> HUD windscreen, way cool.
>>

>Explain to me why a car needs a HUD? It is cool!!
>
>Aaron

Explain to me why not? I can tell you why I think it's a good idea, I
drive a lot, and a lot of the time at 100kph (give/take 30kph), sometimes
at night. I prefer not looking down on the dash board to see whether I am
low on fuel, what speed I am travelling at or to even look at the time for
that matter. I want :)
-

Michael Ip
http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Gulf/8013