Re: [Pre-Review] Brainpowerd Kits are LM with a vengeance

Mon, 25 Jan 1999 19:59:36 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 25 Jan 1999, Prabal Nandy wrote:
> > Geez, it wasn't that long ago Tomino claimed this series would topple
> > Eva...so this kit is overpriced at 1000 yen then, eh? shame....
>
> No offense, but Tomino doesn't know what the hell he's talking about! Or
> at the very least, he's _completely_ misunderstood what it was about EVA
> that made it such a landmark show in the history of SF. As it's been said

Teehee, this is a let-in for me to ask something even more off-topic than
Brainpowerd :P

Just what makes EVA "a landmark show in the history of SF"? I have been
renting the videos, I am at 0:4 now (Second Child just showed up), and I
still haven't caught on to the big fuss. Sure the EVAs and Angels are
pretty cool, and the fight sequences are excellent, but if there's some
Earth-shattering ideas in the later episodes, it certainly is taking pace
slowly. Should I waste more (a lot more) money and time to watch the
whole thing? Or is it just a series of Angels and Relationship (with a
capital "R") stories and then ka-putt!

In comparison, Tomino started OYW with a bang and kept it roaring until
episode 12 or so.

CHIN, Chien Ting
... o O *
Man is a bubble