Re: Camera and the Mohawk (Was: SOC RX-78 Gundam Pics)

A Long Time Ago, In A Galaxy, Far, Far Away.... (devillin@juno.com)
Mon, 25 Jan 1999 07:19:15 -0500

On Sun, 24 Jan 1999 12:59:57 -0800 Mark Simmons <scorpio@best.com>
writes:
> Note that the back of the rifle scope is a blank metal surface, so the
>Gundam clearly isn't looking _through_ the scope. If I were to go out on
>a limb, I'd suggest that holding the rifle in that position makes it
more
>or less line up with the main camera, without totally obscuring the
>sensors; the fact that the scope overlaps the Gundam's eye s just
further
>evidence that the eyes sensors are non-essential. ;-)

Maybe instead of lining up with the main camera, it acts more as a
triangulation
unit. The gun sends out a tracking beam, kind of like a laser scope, and
the
main sensors track on that to keep the shot on target.

Linwood
or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]