OT PSX Emulator for PC (was Re: PSX Emulator for PC)

Operator7G - Michael Ip (reika@clear.net.nz)
Mon, 25 Jan 1999 23:56:23 +1300

At 10:37 PM 24-01-99 -0600, you wrote:
>It would be interesting to see how it works. For the PC PSX emulators, you
>need a copy of the PSX bios. I guessing that for the Mac one, they must
>have completely reverse engineered the bios.
well I was looking for emulators somet ime last year, and UII think you
have to do something *REALLY* screwy with your BIOS, like flash it. I have
a multi thousand dollar computer, there's no way I was going to risk my M?B
to emulate a PSX :(

>That brings up another point, what bios are they using? You would guess
>(and hope) that it would be one of the earlier ones that doesn't have a
>country check on it.

hmmmm PSX (and other consoles) startup screens are sooooo flashy, but they
don't tell you much about the BIOS huuh?
-

Michael Ip
http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Gulf/8013
ICQ 2822685