Antennas Galore. (Was: Camera and the Mohawk)

Y. Choe (cmaster@ucla.edu)
Sun, 24 Jan 1999 23:48:01 -0800

In a previous episode, a latent newtype by the name of Mark Simmons wrote:

> Supposedly, bulk scattering of Minovski particles was banned by the
>Granada treaty that ended the One Year War (yeah right), so postwar
>mobile suits might well be designed for use in Minovski-free
>environments. Even if you don't have a chance to use the antenna, you
>never know when it might come in handy.

Suppose that you do have a space where M-particles are not in bulk, so you
can go ahead and use your antenna at will (Say, to catch the latest soccer
game, or tell the HQ that you're running late with the pizza so don't get
the priss). Would it be ridiculous of me to surmise that if one were to use
communication with the HQ or someone else, that enemy MS would pick up the
signal and pinpoint your location, and promptly blow you to smitheerenes?

One more thing I noticed. Most, if not all, mass produced MS lack any sort
of antenna or antenna type devices (at least on their heads). Is that to
promote "radio silence" among pilots so that they wouldn't be blown to
spacedust for an errant transmission or some sort?

Y. Choe, Need Camera!