Re: Core Fighters: What are there purpose?

Prabal Nandy (nandy@U.Arizona.EDU)
Sun, 24 Jan 1999 23:35:06 -0700 (MST)

> Ultimately, it comes down to money and the most bang for the buck.
> Federation decided that it was with MS and not MS+Core Fighter. In fact,

  Right!
  And the fact that the NT-1 lacked the CF really makes you think that the
Feds abandoned the idea entirely (another reason why the GP-01 from 0083
was screwed up!) And by the ZG era with the Mk.II gundam you can see that
they've completely thrown out the idea of a CF.

> Core Fighters would not return for some 50 odd years after ZZ Gundam and S
> Gundam implemented them (where it served some purpose, part of reentry for
> Superior?).

  Well, I believe with the ZZG we entered the era of the "Split-Combiner"
MS that could break up and reconfigure into various transformer/voltron
style blocks... the CF (Often the upper torso of the robot instead of a
transformable 'inner section') was just another part of this mumbo-jumbo

> Are Core Fighter themselves re-entry capable, or will it burn like a piece
> of match?

  I think they're supposed to be re-entry capable.... though I don't think
they can make it into space on their own!

                                                                -Probe