Re: PSX Emulator for Macintosh

Christopher J. Sypal (csypal@radiks.net)
Sun, 24 Jan 1999 22:37:09 -0600

At 12:52 PM 1/24/99 -0800, someone wrote:

> Sony hasn't yet filed a suit. The buzz on the Mac rumors pages is that
>Sony examined the emulator, found they had no basis for a lawsuit, and is
>working out a licensing deal with Connectix. Of course, said rumors pages
>are seldom worth the paper they're not printed on, but thus far there's
>no suit and Connectix is busy finalizing the retail version.

It would be interesting to see how it works. For the PC PSX emulators, you
need a copy of the PSX bios. I guessing that for the Mac one, they must
have completely reverse engineered the bios.

That brings up another point, what bios are they using? You would guess
(and hope) that it would be one of the earlier ones that doesn't have a
country check on it.