Re: south burning

-Z- (Z@gundam.com)
Sun, 24 Jan 1999 14:41:25 -0800

>From: jlouk@ix.netcom.com
>Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 19:42:44 -0600 (CST)
>To: Z@Gundam.Com
>Subject: Re: south burning
>
>On 01/23/99 17:34:27 you wrote:
>>
>>At 18:56 1/23/99 -0600, you wrote:
>>>
>>>Thanks for clearing that up for me. . . .
>>
>>You're quite welcome.
>>
>>BTW, one of the complaints about the compilation movie Zion's Last Blitz is
>>that this entire sequence ends up on the cutting room floor. In fact, all
>>we ever see of Burning is one shot of him on the bridge talking to Captain
>>Synapse (one line) and another of him hobbling around and cursing his cast,
>>which he whacks with his cane, because he can't get into his MS with it on.
>> So, not only do we never see him in the GM, it's implied that he was out
>>of action the entire time.
>
>One more thing so is 0083 the
>last of the original timeline or is this new series gonna follow it?

I'm sorry, but I don't understand the question.

Gundam 0083 is set between the One Year War era (0079-0080) and the Titans
Conflict era (0087-0088) and is sometimes referred to as the Delaz Turmoil era.

The official UC universe chronology goes something like this:

0079 Mobile Suit Gundam TV/manga series
0079 Mobile Suit Gundam MSV model series
0079 Mobile Suit Gundam: MS Senki manga series
0079 Mobile Suit Gundam: MS Generation manga
0079 Mobile Suit Gundam: Outer Gundam (Story of Zephyr Phantom) manga
0079 Mobile Suit Gundam: Cross Dimension 0079 video game
0079 Mobile Suit Gundam Side Story: Blue Destiny video game/manga series
0079 Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team OAV series
0079 Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War In The Pocket OAV series
0083 Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory OAV series
0087 Mobile Suit Z Gundam TV series
0088 Mobile Suit Gundam Sentinel model series/novella
0088 Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ TV series
0090 Mobile Suit Gundam: Under The Gundam (Double Fake) manga
0092 Mobile Suit Gundam: Revival of Zion manga
0093 Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack movie
0099 Mobile Suit Gundam: Moon Crisis manga
0105 Mobile Suit Gundam: Hathwaway's Flash novella
0107 Mobile Suit Gundam: Reon manga
0120 Mobile Suit Gundam F90 model series/manga
0122 Mobile Suit Gundam F91 Formula Wars video game
0123 Mobile Suit Gundam F91 movie
0123 Mobile Suit Gundam Silhouette F91 model series/manga
0133 Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossbone Gundam manga series
0153 Mobile Suit V Gundam TV series
0203 Newtype Saga Gaia Gear novel series

No one as yet knows what the "A Project" is or when it's set. It shouldn't
be confused with Mobile Suit Gundam G-Savior, a CGI animation due out this
year, set circa 0200.

It should be noted that the name "A Project" echoes "V Project" (the name
of the Federation MS development plan that produced the original Gundam)
all the more now that they're using this inverted-A symbol, which resembles
a V....

-Z-