Camera and the Mohawk (Was: SOC RX-78 Gundam Pics)

Y. Choe (cmaster@ucla.edu)
Sun, 24 Jan 1999 11:56:44 -0800

>> Side note: we've established that the main camera for the Gundam is in
the
>> crest of the head, not behind the eyes.
>It is? I always thought the cameras where behind the eyes. Why did the ML
>decide this?

Various resources, including the model manuals (Master Grade, Perfect Grade
(maybe?) ) indicates that the mohawk part of the head assembly contains the
camera, and is for all the Gundams, from OYW upto present. The rear cameras
are posted at the rear part of the mohawk. As for the eyes... The MG
manual somewhat implies that the Eyes are also camera units, or at least the
illustrations do. Other than looking more like a humanoid, the eyes may
serve as a redundant camera (secondary sensory mechanism?) or some other
function thereof...

Main Question of the day, week, month, whatever. Does the V-fin serve as
some sort of Antenna, or is it there for looks? I'm assuming that the
V-fins were to orginally serve as antennas, but I figger that's not the case
since Minovsky Particles more or less plays havoc with the signals used for
communication. A subspace antenna? I doubt that.

Y. Choe