Re: The title of the new Gundam series!!!

Prabal Nandy (nandy@U.Arizona.EDU)
Fri, 22 Jan 1999 11:37:40 -0700 (MST)

> > So I guess, mathematically-speaking... it means "For all Gundam"!
> It's still an unpronounceable symbol. Hehe, "The Mobile Suit Formerly
> Known as Gundam"... :P

  Better than "Upside Down A Gundam"!
  Maybe they mean "A Gundam Story, but upside down!"

> Syd's crummy when it comes to anime. There's exactly one Yamato 2520
> model in the local hobby shop. It's been there for four years now. I can
> hardly bare to look at it, most of the time.

  It's the most pathetic bath-toy SD abomination I've ever seen of the
Proud Yamato tradition... Augh... I'm glad the series crashed and burned
on Syd Mead's doorstep like the proverbial "Bag of Crap" that it was!

> To give him credit though, Syd did a great job on 2010. I *loved* the
> Leonov!I'm not alone... Someone loved it enough to rip off for the
> Omega-class Destroyers of Babylon 5...

  Nyeah... it was one of the school of "Piles of crap" spaceships, the
"Sulaco" and "Nostromo" from Aliens being prime examples. How do you make
a ship cool? Well, you get a whole bunch of junk and pipes and prongs and
antennae and glue them together and make something big with fiddly bits
and spinning crap and wow, cool ship!

> It's a possibility, I still have qualms about using lots of CGI in
> Japanese shows... I have yet to see something of "Reboot" or "Beast
> Wars" quality to come out of Japan in a series.

  That's true... their CGI technology seems to be curiously absent from
their feature film industry.

> And IF it's CGI, it had BETTER be good. I think about the Battletech
> series, and I don't think anyone can argue with that...

  Gargle! Augh!
                                                        -Probe