RE: The Zakrello Mk-II Retcontest!

Ben Koshy (ben@w3media.net)
Fri, 22 Jan 1999 01:35:56 -0800

I know that Mark is feverishly working on the rules and the contest will be
launched shortly. Submissions will be open for about 1 month. Prizes,
Rules, and other errata will be provided at that time...stay tuned... :)
I'd love for you guys to promote the contest on your sites (for those of you
who have it)...we're working on a banner for the contest.

Ben...

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gundam@aeug.org [mailto:owner-gundam@aeug.org]On Behalf Of
Richie Ramos
Sent: January 22, 1999 12:28 AM
To: gundam@aeug.org
Subject: Re: The Zakrello Mk-II Retcontest!

>> 1) JPEG Format (or any suggestion?)
>GIF ? Or probably doesn't matter :)
>> 2) Picture size and resolution? 72 dpi(PC?) 96 dpi(Mac?) or any size
>> that suitable?
>I *highly* recommend 72 dpi as the web-browser standard, but I suppose it
just
>needs to be big enough for details to be seen ?

        I suggest sending in two sets...one for viewing (aforementioned standard)
and one for really nitpicky detail.

>> 3) Black/White? or Color?
>Colour!!! :) Actually, I don't know, I think the contest is about design
>ability rather than artistic ability, although a little of the latter. The
>thing to be careful of is that usually, people will automatically be biased
>towards colour art when judging, so maybe we should agree on one or the
other.

        I would suggest color, since color adds or detracts visual weight from
some design elements, so it is important. The Zakrello wouldn't looks so
goofy if it didn't look like Tweety-bird after a steroid regimen.

>Shane

"Magic is the hand of faith..."

Richard Ramos
Svengali, Artificer and Spellcrafter