Re: The Zakrello Mk-II Retcontest!

Richie Ramos (gaijin@i-manila.com.ph)
Fri, 22 Jan 1999 16:27:56 +0800

>> 1) JPEG Format (or any suggestion?)
>GIF ? Or probably doesn't matter :)
>> 2) Picture size and resolution? 72 dpi(PC?) 96 dpi(Mac?) or any size
>> that suitable?
>I *highly* recommend 72 dpi as the web-browser standard, but I suppose it
just
>needs to be big enough for details to be seen ?

        I suggest sending in two sets...one for viewing (aforementioned standard)
and one for really nitpicky detail.

>> 3) Black/White? or Color?
>Colour!!! :) Actually, I don't know, I think the contest is about design
>ability rather than artistic ability, although a little of the latter. The
>thing to be careful of is that usually, people will automatically be biased
>towards colour art when judging, so maybe we should agree on one or the
other.

        I would suggest color, since color adds or detracts visual weight from
some design elements, so it is important. The Zakrello wouldn't looks so
goofy if it didn't look like Tweety-bird after a steroid regimen.

>Shane

"Magic is the hand of faith..."

Richard Ramos
Svengali, Artificer and Spellcrafter