Re: <SPOILER> Girens Ambition FMV clips

Djallel Zouita (d.zouita@wanadoo.fr)
Thu, 21 Jan 1999 22:28:01 +0100

Eddie wrote:

> >I had the same problem when extracting either Saturn or PSX videos to
> >PC, I never figured what I was supposed to do to get sound.
>
> When I viewed the SD G Generation clips, I realized that I had to change the
> sampling rate from 44MHz to a lower one (either 22 or 11 MHz) for one of the
> first clips to get proper sound playback, but most of the clips that followed
> were sampled at 44MHz, IIRC.

I'll have to try it then. Wasn't there someone on the ML who mentionned
watching FF7 ending on his PC?

> >> <SPOILER ALERT>

> >> Clip 2: This looks like the clip you'd see if EMF wins and Zion loses. At
>
> >Wrong, it sounds more like the EMF intro: the "peace conference" you're
> >mentionning is in fact the Antarctic Treaty and Revil's speech is, I'm
> >not sure at all on that one, his "Zeon is exhausted" (I'm not sure
> >because I don't think it's mentionned in the anime).
>
> Well, without a soundtrack, I am just making wild guesses. If this were the
> signing of the Antarctic Treaty, I don't see why the EMF guys all looked
> happy while the Zion ones looked all depressed...

I thought it was because those EMF guys were glad to get some sleep at
last because they'd been negociating for a week or so while the Zeons,
being the evil guys they were, didn't appreciate to be forbidden to drop
colonies and stuff like that. :-)

> >> Clip 10:Both sides getting ready for the assault on Abaowaku. Sayla Mass
> >> appears in the MS hanger, standing next to a tired, resting Amuro,
> >> and you catch a glimpse of the space version of GM Command as Gen.
> >> Revell makes a speech to EMF soldiers.
> >>

> >This one got me wondering: is Amuro actually resting or is it more like
> >a lack of will to fight?
>
> Can't tell, he was facing down so all you see is his hair. :)

Maybe he's just laughing because of some joke Bright told him (highly
unlikely, I know).

> >> Clip 11:This one reminds me of The 08th MS Team. After an intense battle
> >> took place in space, you see a GM and a Zaku locked into mortal
> >> combat but only the camera was moving - apparently both suits were
> >> badly thrashed and you see the EMF pilot helping the Zion pilot out
> >> as they both walk to safety and stare into the infinite space.
> >>

> >That's the normal ending: it is supposed to take place at the end of the
> >war, so it might really be an 08MST spoiler with the pilots being Shiro
> >and Aina (although I can't see how 08MST could end in space now, they'd
> >have to be very quick).
>
> The EMF pilot was wearing a yellow normal suit. I doubt they were Shiro and
> Aina though, since the thrashed suits were a regular GM and a regular Zaku II.

Something crossed my mind: Apsaras III is a space capable MA (just see G
Generation), so 08MST climax might actually be in space: Shiro would
then have to use a GM (rather than a ball :)) and Aina might use some
classy MS but get it thrashed by EMF soldiers and then use a Zaku II as
a last resort and use it against her brother, we'd then get some fight a
la F-91 with Shiro and Aina fighting her bro. With such a set up, this
scene would be possible now I think.

> What do you mean by "normal ending", though? Neither side wins or...?

No, I meant the ending you get playing as Zeon or EMF.

> Looks like I missed out a lot not playing as EMF!

That's an extremely nice scene indeed, you should really try EMF!

> >Again, I think this is just Zeon's beginning but I'm probably wrong on
> >that one.
>
> This was not played in the beginning of the game if you pick Zeon's side.
>
> >> Clip 24:Zion's colony-sized solar ray system fired.
> >
> >That's actually Giren frying his father and Revil.
>
> Too bad the clip didn't show them actually getting fried. All you see were
> some explosions, Macross style.

Yeah, the "interesting" thing is you lose a good part of your forces
when this happens (losing Amuro and G3 that way is annoying)

> >The best thing to do in fact would be to get that data disk that was
> >released in September: it lets you view all the videos, sketches and
> >other stuff. (I didn't get it myself).
>
> Do you have its ISBN #? None of the game importers have it when I asked.

I don't have it here but I'll look in some Saturn Fans. You should look
if NCS has it: http://www.ncsx.com if they don't show it, try emailing
them.