The future of GML Archive???

Kota Fujimura (fujimura+@MAIL1.ANDREW.CMU.EDU)
Thu, 21 Jan 1999 03:22:57 -0500

Howdy folks.

I believe most of you have been on this mailing list long enough to know
there has been a automatic archiver active since December. I think a lot of
people also know about my site, GML Archive, which I set up so newer member
can see what kind of things were discussed when they weren't on the list
(although I'm not sure if I did a very good job of it, but hey). But now
that the official archiving mechanism is in place, I'm having a little
trouble deciding where my site should go.

No, don't worry, I'm not shutting down. I'm thought about turning the site
into one big FAQ(or NFAQ in some cases), but I figured I'll probably be
better off asking you guys and girls.

I've set up a survey form inside GML Archive, in the hope of making this
little easier
<http://www.best.com/~scorpio/survey.html>

But if you don't want bother going there, here are the question I want to
ask you about how you feel about GML Archive.

1. How do you feel the amount of images in the site?
        I intentionally kept the number of images down, so the site becomes faster,
but it's kinda going against the trend, so I'm not sure if that was a good
idea.

2. What do you think about the length and the organization of the page?
        I color-coded each post and tried to recreate a on going discussion, but
maybe people just want to see information. Also, color-coding potentially
creates a problem with visibility of the text. Was this true?

3. What do you think of the structure, especially "Story Related Thread"
page?
        I kept the title of the original thread, but maybe it's confusing to people
who never read the thread. I want to know if this was the case.

4. What do you think of the link page?
        Currently, the page has a link to members with public homepage, as well as
any other pages that has a link to the site. Should I expand it, and if so,
in what way?

...and finally

5. Any other comment you want to make?

If you could spare a little time to answer these questions, and send it to
me personally <fujimura+@cyrus.andrew.cmu.edu>, I would really appreciate
it.

Sorry for asking personal favors. Back to regular discussion...

Kota

ICQ = #7112445
GML Archive <http://www.best.com/~scorpio>

Kota